Apple Store Otay Ranch2015 Birch Road
Chula Vista, CA 91915(619) 205-6400 or email@example.com
Best Buy Otay Ranch
2015 Birch Road, Suite 2300
Chula Vista, CA 91915
Are there any additional accessories that you recommend for my student?
Cover/case, detachable keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard.
All: Headphones (for before/after school use ; a warranty & insurance; portable or additional battery for devices with poor battery life.
We recommend a rechargeable AC Outlet Portable Bank (please click on picture):
Are there any recommendations for internet safety & security for home and outside of school?
Yes, here are a few SaaSs (Software-as-a-Service) that we recommend:
- For overall home content-filtering service, Cisco OpenDNS VIP Home (please click on logo):
- For multi-device parental control and time allowance, NetNanny Family Protection Pass (please cick on logo):
What about backing up files on the student's computer?
- Mater Dei provides each student with a Microsoft Office365 account that is accompanied with OneDrive that allows 1TB of storage for academic & school files. We recommend purchasing additional online storage & an external hard drive for non-academic computer files to complement the school-issue Office365 OneDrive storage. We strongly believe in a 3-2-1 Backup Strategy. A 3-2-1 strategy means having at least 3 total copies of your data, 2 of which are local, but on different mediums (e.g. an external hard drive in addition to your computer's local drive), and at least 1 copy offsite. The best setup is data on your computer, a copy on a hard drive that lives somewhere not inside your computer, and another copy with a cloud backup provider. For more information on storage & backups, please click here.
- For online storage, BackBlaze (please click on logo):
- For external hard drive storage, WD 3TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (please click on logo):
Do I need to buy Microsoft Office?
- Students are required to have the Microsoft Office software suite installed on their computers. Mater Dei will be providing Microsoft Office to students at no charge. Instructions for downloading and installing the software will be made available prior to the start of school.
Do I need to buy Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Software?
- Students are required to have an anti-virus/anti-malware software suite installed on their computers. Mater Dei will be providing Symantec Endpoint Protection to students at no charge. Instructions for downloading and installing the software will be made available prior to the start of school.