Junior Overnight Retreat Information
“Reconciling with God and Neighbor”
Departs Thursday, February 7, 2019 @ 7:30 a.m. – Returns Friday, February 8 @ approx. 2:30 p.m.
Registration: Sign up Online – MDCHS Website – Must complete all Steps to be considered registered!!!!
Note: The Junior Overnight Retreat is limited to 100 participants. The first 100 juniors who submit the following completed items to online will be allowed to attend the retreat.
The final day to submit registrations for the retreat is Friday, January 25.
After January 25, no registrations will be taken. If the retreat is full, a wait list will be started.
Thursday, February 7, 2019
- All students must meet by the theater at 7:30 a.m. Late students risk being left behind.
- All bags will be submitted for a bag check before boarding the bus. Please do not attempt to bring banned items on the retreat.
Friday, February 8, 2019
- We will return to campus around 2:30 p.m.
WHAT TO BRING
- Good Attitude!
- Warm clothes-layers, coat/jacket – it will be cold at night!
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Towel/Toiletries/Personal Items
- Refillable Water Bottle-very important!-you will get dehydrated if you don't drink water!
Note: tight sweatpants, midriff bearing shirts, short skirts or any other revealing clothing not appropriate for a retreat. You will be asked to change if you do not follow this rule.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- CD/iPod/Radio/DVD player/illegal items/anything against school policies</p
- This is a no cell phone retreat! It is a good time to “unplug” yourself from technology and focus on God and friends rather than “status” updates. Bags and persons will be thoroughly checked for cell phones and music devices of any kind. They will need to be turned into retreat leadership and will be given back at the end of the retreat. Regular cameras are allowed.
In case of emergency, please contact Camp Whispering Winds
If you have any questions prior to the retreat, please call Mr. Schnitzius at 619-423-2121 (262) or email @ email@example.com